1. Give Third Reading
THAT Council give third reading to Zoning Bylaw Amendment No. 0265.22, 2023;
AND THAT Council direct staff to schedule Zoning Bylaw Amendment No. 0265.22, 2023 for adoption following:
- Approval of the bylaw by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure;
- Registration of an environmental no build no disturb covenant on the existing natural area located in the northeast corner of the property;
- Registration of covenant that includes preliminary design and cost estimates to secure:
- Land dedication and construction of a turnaround along Marshall Road.
- Marshall Road to be upgraded to meet Urban Local – 18.0m ROW standard.
- Watermain along Stevens Road to be upgraded to 300mm diameter, complete with additional hydrants to provide commercial/industrial spacing.
- Watermain along Marshall Road to be upgraded, complete with additional hydrants to provide commercial/industrial spacing.
Should Council consider this motion, based on the provincial guidelines, when the third reading conditions are met and the Bylaw is adopted, it will trigger the 12 month notice period (prior to displacement) as well as compensation requirements (as outlined in previous Council report).
2. Postpone Consideration
THAT Council postpone consideration of Zoning Bylaw Amendment No. 0265.22, 2023.
THAT Council direct staff to bring back options and or conditions which will further mitigate impacts to residents and owners, and address any additional considerations of Council.
Should Council postpone consideration of the proposed amendment bylaws, further direction to staff on how to proceed is requested.
3. Deny Application
THAT Council rescind first and second readings of Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 0265.22, 2023 and abandon the bylaw;
AND THAT Council direct staff to close the file (Z 23-09) .
Should Council deny the proposed amendment bylaws, the application will be closed in accordance with the Development Applications Procedures Bylaw No. 0260. Council shall not reconsider an application of this nature for the property for a period of six months.